Police in Australia arrest three men over mass attack plan

0

Sydney: Police said on Tuesday they had arrested three men who were allegedly preparing to attack the public in Melbourne, less than two weeks after a man killed one person in Australia`s second-largest city in what police said was an act of terrorism.

Australian federal and state police, the Australian Security Intelligence Organisation, and other agencies that form part of the Joint Counter Terrorism Team carried out the arrests on Tuesday morning.

Police said three men, aged 30, 26 and 21, were taken into custody after they allegedly sought to acquire a semi-automatic gun to carry out an attack. All were Australian citizens and their passports had been cancelled earlier this year.

Leave A Reply