Munnar being the favorite hill stations in India, witnesses a large number of tourists every year to witness the magnetism of the rare blooming of ‘Neelakurinji’ flowers. So, today, we list down five mesmerizing places that need to be on any traveler’s check list for planning a trip to Munnar.
1. Pothamedu – Pothamedu gives traveler and opportunity to enjoy aromatic spice plantations. The exotic tea and coffee plantation, the aromatic cardamom fields, and the untouched beauty of this place is sure to rejuvenate with its profound aroma. This tourist spot is at a distance of 6 kilometers from Munnar and one can reach there by hiring a taxi or a shared cab. This destination in Munnar is ideal for trekking and long mountain walks.
2. Attukal – A majestic waterfall right outside the city, Attukal is a must-visit place in Munnar. Located in the secluded corner of Pallivasal, Attukal is at its best during the monsoons. Travelers can enjoy the mesmerizing beauty of this place as well as enjoy refreshing bath in the falls.
3. Rajamala – Rajamala will add an adventurous experience in the Munnar trip. A part of Anamudi, Kerala’s biggest hill, Rajamala boasts of some amazing trekking trails. One can trek around the valley and the Anamudi range and then head to Eravikulam national park (located 3 kms away from Rajamala).
4. Eravikulam National Park – This is the most sought-after tourist destination in Munnar. The home of Nilgiri Tahr, Eravikulam National Park is also famous for its rich flora and fauna cover. A large number of rare birds, animals and butterflies can also be traced in this park. It offers a magnificent view of tea plantation and the surrounding hills caressed by blanket of mists.
5. Devikulam – This is a small hill station that lies in Idukki district of Kerala with chilly air, green slopes, and low hanging clouds over the hills. Devikulam has a large collection of waterfalls and lakes to look forward to. Another must see place in Devikulam is the Sita Devi Lake, which is said to have medicinal benefits. For wildlife enthusiast, this place provides a good opportunity to explore the various sanctuaries for some breath taking experience.